The Brodhead Creek Regional Authority (BCRA) is currently accepting applications for the position of Wastewater Treatment Plant Licensed Operator or Operator Trainee. The position is located in Stroud Township, Monroe County, PA.
The BCRA operates a wastewater treatment plant facility permitted at 4.5 MGD. The applicant must possess a PA State Class B wastewater certification with Subclass 1 or be able to acquire one within two (2) years of the date of hire. The ideal candidate will be proficient in the use of various computer systems including Microsoft Office Suite and control systems, such as SCADA. Applicants must possess a valid PA driver’s license and have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience operating equivalent facilities of similar size.
The position offers an excellent benefits package and defined benefit retirement plan. Interested applicants may apply online at www.bcrawater.com. Please contact Randi Alejandro at (570) 421-3232 for additional information. Resumes and applications will be accepted through April 14, 2023. BCRA is an equal opportunity employer.
Position Title: Wastewater Treatment Plant Licensed Operator or Operator Trainee
Reports to: Wastewater Treatment Plant Manager and Authority Manager
This position is responsible to report and work directly with the Wastewater Treatment Plant (“WWTP”) Manager in maintaining and operating the WWTP facility.
- Participate in all maintenance aspects as well as operational aspects of the WWTP
- Capable of operating the WWTP facility alone when and if necessary, being responsible for the proper operation of the facility per the DEP permit.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal communication skills.
- Possess or obtain a PA state Class B wastewater certification with Subclass 1 within two (2) years of starting the position. This includes preparing for and passing all necessary state testing and maintaining sufficient contact hours for renewals.
- In addition to the wastewater facility, the Brodhead Creek Regional Authority (“BCRA”) owns and operates a Water Treatment Plant (“WTP”) and may require work or provide assistance at WTP operations from time to time.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the WWTP Manager, Licensed Operators and/or Authority Manager.
- Possession of a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience operating equivalent facilities of similar size or direct experience in the Authority’s existing facility
- Ability to work harmoniously with co-workers, supervisors, managers, and the public
- Ability to work independently
- Must be able to pass a drug and alcohol test as per BCRA policy
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check as well as a driver history inquiry
- Electrical experience preferred (115v/230v/460v)
- Must be able to work with computers including Microsoft products and control systems such a SCADA
- Must have good record keeping skills
Job requires active work all day long, including being on your feet, walking, stretching, bending, kneeling, twisting, lifting and moving. Work takes place indoors and outdoors and includes all types of adverse weather conditions, including heat, rain, snow and cold. Must be able to bend at the waist and to lift a minimum of 50 pounds. Must be able to walk on even or uneven ground and must be able to navigate stairways and ladders. May be required to work with or be exposed to hazardous materials or chemicals with company provided PPE.
- Work hours are currently 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. unless otherwise directed.
- Thirty (30) minutes for lunch
- Uniforms are provided thirty (30) days after employment and must be worn during working hours.
- May be required to work overtime, with paid compensation.
- This is a drug free work environment. Drug and alcohol testing is administered in accordance with BCRA’s Employee Manual.
- No smoking is permitted in Authority buildings, vehicles or on worksites. Smoking is permitted during lunch and break times outdoors.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.